In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials podcast, we demonstrate how to select and format text with a few swipes and gestures within Voice Over’s Rotor. It matters not if you are selecting text from a webpage and pasting it into a note, email, or text message, the Voice Over Rotor simplifies and expedites the process. If you are new to the Voice Over Rotor, listen to this podcast first. Below you will find the different options available in both the Text Selection and Edit rotor options as well as a basic list of steps to activate the rotor.
- Select All
- Look Up
- Make checklist item (Notes only)
- Indent Right
Activating and Basic Rotor Gestures
- Activate the Rotor by placing two fingers on the iOS device screen and pretend you are turning a dial
- On a paired keyboard, activate Quick Nav by pressing the left and right arrows together and then pressing the Left/right arrow with the up arrow to cycle through options
- Use a flick up/down or the up/down arrows to cycle through the selected Rotor’s options
- Use the right/left arrow keys to navigate, select, or de select text
- Double tap, press VO plus the Spacebar, or press both the up and down arrows to select the Rotor option you are on
this task is very simple for Voice Over users. Here is a list of steps you can use as a reference:
- After opening up the Netflix app, double tap on the Browse button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Locate the My Downloads button to view any episode or Movie you downloaded.
- Locate the Available for Download button to view content you can download.
- When you find a video you wish to download, double tap on it, and swipe until you find the download button.
Please keep in mind that downloading movies and TV shows will require anywhere from 100MB of space to 3GB of storage. If you have limited space, keep track of what you download, as filling up your storage may result in your device slowing down. To delete videos, do the following:
- Navigate to the My Downloads menu in Netflix
- Click on the the Edit button in the upper right corner
- Find a video you already watched and there is an unlabeled button immediately before the name of the episode or show name.
- Double tap on this unlabeled button to delete the file.
- Click done in the upper right corner when complete.
Thank you for listening to this Blind Vet Tech tutorial on selecting and editing text through the Voice Over Rotor.
Stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from the Blind Vet Tech team, by doing one of the following:
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials on iTunes
- Follow the Blind Vet Tech podcasts on your Victor Reader Stream, Hims Blaze, or podcasting app by searching for Blind Vet Tech in the podcast section
- Receive an email about any posts by subscribing to our blog
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, feel free to send us an email here. All of our podcasts and other information related to Veterans, blindness, acceptance of a disability, and other resources may be found at BlindNotAlone.com