In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides, News and Reviews podcast, we demonstrate how to listen to podcasts on a Hims Blaze. Hims Blaze series of audio readers offers many features to enjoy various audio content like audio books from NLS BARD and BookShare, FM radio, internet radio, podcasts, and integrated OCR capabilities.
The Hims Blaze audio readers provides countless hours of listening enjoyment for individuals with visual impairments. The easy access to NLS BARD, BookShare, internet radio, integrated FM radio tuner, and ability to capture images and OCR text and colors makes it a wonderful addition to anyone’s technology tool kit. You may listen to the latest best sellers and mail, stream international radio, listen to your local FM radio, and much more. This episode focuses on how to acquire and listen to podcasts. NOTE: This Procedure assumes that a Wifi network is configured on your Hims Blaze.
- Make sure you are connected to a Wifi network by pressing the Info button located in the top left corner on the face of the Blaze.
- Press the down arrow on the main menu until you reach Podcasts
- Press the right arrow or the circular OK button located within the four arrow keys.
- To add new podcasts, press the Menu button located between the down arrow and #2 keypad buttons.
- Press the down arrow to navigate to the search function and press the OK button, or just press the #8 button.
- Use the left and right arrow buttons to navigate between category of word input modes.
- Press the down arrow to explore options, and the up arrow to return to mode selection.
- If opting to search for a podcast through word input mode, use the numerical keypad to type in the name of a podcast. Then press the down arrow to view results and left and right arrows to go between results.
- Press the OK button to subscribe to a podcast.
- Press the cancel button located above the #1 button to jump to the main podcast menu.
- On the main podcast screen, use the up and down arrow keys to navigate between podcasts, and then the right or OK button to view episodes.
- When you find an episode to listen to or to download, press the OK button.
- Press and hold the cancel button for 2 seconds to delete a podcast.
Thank you for listening to this Blind Vet Tech tutorial on how to listen to podcasts on your Hims Blaze.
Stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from the Blind Vet Tech team, by doing one of the following:
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials on iTunes
- Follow the Blind Vet Tech podcasts on your Victor Reader Stream, Hims Blaze, or podcasting app by searching for Blind Vet Tech in the podcast section
- Receive an email about any posts by subscribing to our blog
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, feel free to send us an email here. All of our podcasts and other information related to Veterans, blindness, acceptance of a disability, and other resources may be found at BlindNotAlone.com