Join the House of Representatives Through the Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program

Are you a injured or disabled Service Member or Veteran interested in working in the House of Representatives? Do you want to directly assist your fellow Veterans achieve various legislative advocacy efforts? The House of Representatives offers paid fellowships for either a one or two year opportunity through the Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program. Currently fellowships are available at:

  • Brea, CA
  • Santa Clarita, CA
  • Washington, DC
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • More cities will be added in the next couple of months

Please see below for additional information. If someone meets the qualifications and would like to apply, they should provide the information requested below along with their city of interest. To the point of contact.
Job Summary: This position if limited to veterans with service connected disabilities desiring to serve a two-year paid Congressional Fellowship as part of the House of Representatives Wounded Warrior Program. Selected Fellows will work directly for a Member of Congress as part of their office staff. Fellowships are located in either a Congressional District office or in Washington, D.C.

Job Duties: Duties will vary depending upon the specific requirements of each Member office. Said duties may include, but are not limited to: working as a constituent services representative helping local constituents resolve issues with federal agencies; serving as a liaison to local Veterans Service Organizations (VSO); attending local events and meetings on behalf of your Member of Congress; and performing legislative work. Specific duties for each Member office will be discussed during the interview process.

Compensation: $35,000 – $50,000 a year.

Requirements: Fellowships are limited to veterans who served on active duty since September 11, 2001; have a minimum 30% disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs; and cannot be the recipient of a 20 military retirement. Veterans must meet all three requirements and have an Honorable Discharge to be eligible for consideration.

How to Apply: If you would like to be considered for a Fellowship, submit your resume, a copy of your last DD-214 (page 4 copy), and a VA letter indicating a 30% or more disability rating to Also include cities of interest. Do not send resumes directly Member offices.

For additional information, please visit the Wounded Warrior Program link at

The Wounded Warrior Program will be adding numerous fellowships across the country in the coming months. Search for current openings. Please note that this program is for the actual House of Representatives and is not associated with any Veterans Service Organizations with similar names. Also this information was a part of an email received by the program manager of this opportunity, requesting widest distribution. The poster edited parts of the original email to clarify a few points.