In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials podcast, we demonstrate how to add a pause (aka comma) or wait (aka semicolon) to a phone number in Contacts. Any smart phone may preform a similar trick where a comma or semicolon means pause or wait while dialing a number from your contacts list.
Here is how to insert a pause or wait in iOS with Voice Over if you are using the onscreen keyboard.
- Open a contact where you are dialing a number requiring an access code or numerical prompt system
- Press the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Double tap on the field where you insert the phone number
- After typing in the phone number, determine if you need to insert a pause (aka comma) or a wait (semicolon)
- Press the shift button, visually it contains a few symbols like plus and number sign,
- Find the pause (aka comma) where the 4 button previously was located
- Find the wait (aka semicolon) where the 6 button previously was located
Note: The pause will insert a brief pause into the dialing sequence so multiple commas may be required. The wait inserts a break in the dialing, so you will have to press a button in the in call options screen to continue entering the numerical sequence.
Thank you for listening to this Blind Vet Tech tutorial on inserting and using the pause and wait options while placing a call.