In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials podcast, we demonstrate how to update your iPhone or iPad to the latest software update. Periodically Apple publishes updates to address known software and security issues, new features, or behind the scenes updates to improve performance. Knowing when these arrive and how to install them is an important part of owning an iOS device. The updating and installation process is rather straight forwards, and listening to this podcast will alleviate any concerns about completing this on your own. FYI, this podcast uses an iPhone 6 installing iOS 10. Here are a few tips to expedite the process:
- Have your iTunes or Apple ID and password available before starting.
- If setting up a new device, the process will differ slightly from one who is updating or restoring their device.
- Triple Click of the home button on the first screen will activate Voice Over.
Steps to Update:
- Open your settings app.
- Navigate to General. If there is an update, a notification will be next to General.
- Navigate to Software Update. If an update is available a notification will appear.
- Click on the download and install or the install button to start the process.
Thank you for listening to this Blind Vet Tech tutorial on how to update your iPhone or iPad.