In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials podcast, Keith from Retro Radio Podcast demonstrates how to move files around on your iPhone and iPad through Sharing options. Many apps, like the Voice Memos, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, and numerous other apps possesses a Share option. In this podcast we will examine how to do this by moving an audio recording from the Voice Memos app from Apple into Google Drive. By knowing how to transfer or move files between apps and cloud storage services, you can transfer items between your devices or computers without the need to pair or physically connect these items. I personally use this method to upload articles into Voice Dream Reader from Dropbox to saving attachments from Mail into the appropriate Dropbox folder without the need to fuss with a computer. This task requires one to preform the following actions:
- Navigate to and open your Voice Memos app or other app which contains a file you wish to move.
- Select the file and find the Share button. The location varies between apps.
- Tap on the Share button and select the method you wish to share or cloud service, like Dropbox or Google Drive, you wish to move the file.
- This action will bring up either the app or a menu where you will select the final location to save the file.
- Save the action with the done, upload, or similar button.
We hope you enjoy this tutorial on moving or transferring files on your iPhone and iPad into a cloud storage service or other app.