In this Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides, News and Reviews podcast, we demonstrate how to optimize your iPhones and iPad’s battery life. Most iOS devices possess about 1000 charge cycles before you start to see battery life degradation. With these tips and tricks, you will be able to stave off charging your device, even if your battery begins to show its age. These tips and tricks will squeeze every bit of life from each charge by simply modifying various settings. All of these items stem from Apple’s support page on iOS battery life.
- Check out the health of your battery in the Settings > Battery menu
- Enable Low Power Mode from the battery settings, Control Center, or by asking Siri
- Deactivate Screen auto brightness and set the screen brightness to a desired level in the Control Center or Displays menu
- Turn on/off Cellular Data when needed
- Set Mail and cloud accounts to fetch data in the Accounts menu
- Turn on/off bluetooth as needed
- Turn on/off Location Services in the Settings > Location Services menu
- Turn on/off Background App Refresh in the Setting > General > Background App Refresh menu
Thank you for listening to this Blind Vet Tech tutorial on how to optimize your iOS device’s battery life.
Stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from the Blind Vet Tech team, by doing one of the following:
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe to the Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials on iTunes
- Follow the Blind Vet Tech podcasts on your Victor Reader Stream, Hims Blaze, or podcasting app by searching for Blind Vet Tech in the podcast section
- Receive an email about any posts by subscribing to our blog
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, feel free to send us an email here. All of our podcasts and other information related to Veterans, blindness, acceptance of a disability, and other resources may be found at BlindNotAlone.com